Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ballet Fleming


It’s always a great opportunity to take classes with a professional dance company. Ballet Flemings master classes were a challenge. You had to really pay attention when he gave a combination because there was a lot of mumbling. Barre’ wasn’t that hard, it was the center combinations that got me. As the week went on, it was easier. I understood him better, and I got a hang of his teaching style. His company members were all very good. It surprised me that some of them smoke cigarettes since they were professional dancers, but some people’s lungs are better than others. I loved the fact that they all had different backgrounds and they told us how they got to be where they are today. Their performance was very good. My favorite dance was the duet between the couple that is engaged. The connection was so powerful and everything about it was great. I would definitely enjoy seeing them perform again.

No comments:

Post a Comment