Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Way I Learn

After reading this article, there’s no doubt in my mind that I am a touch/experience learner. I’m the type of person that has to experience things for myself. Even though I do listen to people’s advice, a part of me feels like I have to find out for myself. In class I find myself going to the same spot everyday in modern and in ballet. I guess it’s my comfort zone. Tomorrow I’m going to try the opposite of the room and see if that changes anything. Maybe I’ll take in information differently. When taught a combination, I always find it easier doing the side that I was taught first. It doesn’t matter if it’s right or left but I always have trouble getting the opposite side down. I guess that’s just something I’m going to have to work better at. Counts don’t really make a difference to me, as long as I hear the tempo of the combination than I’m good.

No comments:

Post a Comment