Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Alignment


I found the article to be very helpful. I know that alignment is important as a dancer and they gave some good examples of how to achieve them. One that I would keep in mind is keeping the muscles engaged but not gripped, so that at any moment you can move without having to release. I find myself more gripping muscles than actually engaging them so that is something I will definitely work on. Edward Ellison talked about not taking a long time to get into a position. Get there fast and hold it is the best way to keep your balance. In ballet class Richard has told us to not wait so long to let go of the barre when we are balancing. The faster you let go, the harder your body will work at keeping you balanced. Recently I have been trying to do that in ballet class and I think I’m getting better at it. I think sometimes reading what other dance teachers write makes it better too. Sometimes it takes hearing the same thing from somebody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment