Monday, April 30, 2012

Transitions

The in between movements are more important than the shapes at the end. When I think of this statement, I think about dancing full out. I think about finishing each movement before moving on to the next. I also think about dancing out through my finger tips all the way down through my toes. Knowing how to do the in between movements are the difference from being a beginner dancer and an advance dancer. I have been focusing a lot this semester on if my feet are in parallel or if they are turned out. Knowing where my arms at all times. I also need to work harder on shifting my pelvis. The more I shift, the better prepared I am to do the next movement. A lot of us get stuck in the combinations because we aren't dancing with our whole body. When you shift and stay on top of your legs, it's so much easier to do turns, jumps, and just plain runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment