Monday, April 30, 2012

Body Check In

It's the end of the semester and I feel great. I still have a knee problem, but I am not going to let that get me down. I learned that staying hydrated will help with my cramps and that I cannnot forget to ice my knee every night. Mentally, I am exhausted. This next month will be just what I need, a vacation! I have a month to rest before I go to New York. My plans are to take part in the summer intensive at Alvin Ailey, the fall independent study, and hopefully either go to the University of the Arts or Florida State University in January. If the schools don't work out for me at that time, then I'll take a break from school and continue to train my body in New York. My short term goal is to become a professional dancer. My long term goal is to earn my BFA in dance and teach at a performing arts high school. Studying at HCC was the best thing I could have done at this time in my life. The teachers at school help me improve my technique and mind set before I step into the streets of New York. It also was a good stepping stone of moving out of my house. I know what it feels like to be on my own, but not being too far away. It also introduced me to the city life even though I know New York will be 10 times more busy. I am greatful and appreciative that I got the opprotunity to move to Tampa. Now I'm just excited on what my future has in store for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment