Monday, December 13, 2010

Hidden Movements

Hidden movements are very important. My ballet teacher always tells me whatever you do at the barre is what you will do in the center combinations and eventually on stage. She’s always correcting on my arms being too high. One day when I was doing a center combination I noticed in the mirror that my arm was too high. I didn’t feel myself doing it though. The hidden movements are very tricky. Another hidden movement is plies. Most people don’t know how important plies are. Every day in class you start off with plies. It’s important to get your body trained to pile because coming out of jumps for example you need to pile or you can hurt yourself greatly. Depending on how you practice your hidden movements can make or break you.

No comments:

Post a Comment