Monday, December 13, 2010

Dancing in the streets

Dancing outside was a joy to me. My group started our improvisation on the stairs. One by one we moved up repeating what the last person did. Then we traveled around the balcony overlooking our audience. It ended coming back down the opposite stairs repeating what the last person did. It was a great experience to dance in the open and in an area I was not familiar with. People stopped to watch us and we even danced around the people who were just sitting there enjoying their day. I found a flag that was moving by the wind which made me imitate it with my hand. Ever since then, my hand moving like the flag starts off any improvisation that I do. That activity made me realize that you can make up movements from the most random things.

No comments:

Post a Comment